Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday May 17th

8:34 p.m.

Walked around today, bought our train ticket to Vienna. We are going on the 26th.

This street (left) is called Frankel Leo utca. Utca being street. It’s where I will walk at least twice a day if we take the tram anywhere. I used to walk down here every morning when I would go to school in 4th and 5th grade.







This is called the Duna Part. It is a walk on the side of the Danube (which is located on the left side of this photo).








On the left here is the Külügyminisztérium. Important people work there. Despite the fact that it has been there since I can remember, I have no idea what people actually do there. Bureaucrats probably.
Bus stop/Bus lane.

Mom and Grandma on my left.

The following pictures are pretty much for the sake of architecture in Budapest.



(Above) Keleti Páylaudvar, or, East Train station.

(Above) Inside the train station.

(Above) The New York Café. Hungarian poets would come write their verses here according to my Grandma. Oh the history.

(Above) Trabant. Hard to believe that these are still around. They are really bad for the environment, but they were among the first cars available in Hungary. You had to apply to get one, and you didn’t even know what you were getting, other than that it was a car and that it worked. That’s really all one can say about the trabant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you told me about going to Europe! I didn't know you were there already! Looks like you're having a good time.