Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Call Me Papa

My stomache keeps hurting. I think it is due to the difference in ingredients for foods. Today I learned how to make Crepes, and made about 20 of them...screwed the first five up royally.

In the Crepes we had today, we had various fillings that we could choose from: ground Pecans, home made apricot jelly, cocoa powder, powdered sugar with a little lemon juice, or cottage cheese mixed with lemon rinds, raisins, and sugar. Don't be disgusted though. The cottage cheese here is very different. It is delicious. The texture is more crumbly, and its not salty, but rather, a little sweet even.

So..normally people have one or two Crepes after eating some soup (we had bean soup). I had four after soup and then took a nap. Woke up, at two more. Read for a few hours. Ate dinner, and ate two more. It's just so hard to say no, I'm only in Hungary once every year or two...its ok...right?

I ran today. I ran to Margitsziget. Ran around Margitsziget. Ran back home. I would say its a good 4.5 miles. It was a nice run and it needed to happen. People stared at me...Warranted though, I was wearing my UT hoodie and Texas hat.

Margitsziget would be called Margaret Island in English. It is an island between the two sides of Buda and Pest, which is divided by the river Danube. This is pretty much what it looks like:
The island is up there towards the top. Margaret bridge is the bridge hitting the southern tip of the island. We live on Buda, which is on the left side of this picture. It has more trees. Pest is on the right side. The bridge towards the bottom is called Lánc Híd or, Chain Bridge in English. It is lit up at night, and it looks really pretty.

Mom needs the computer right now. I will respond to e-mails promptly tomorrow when I get up. Best!

P.S. Listen to "Call Me Papa" by Donavon Frankenreiter. Its a good song. Thanks Bryan :)

No comments: